B 4750 Butgenbach
Preamble: In order to provide our customers with an overview of the regulations applicable to our business relations within the framework of the hotel accommodation contract and the possible legal consequences, we have - Hotel "Seehof" – draw up these General Terms and Conditions.
I. Scope of application
The following conditions are an integral part of all hotel accommodation agreements concluded with the hotel "Seehof" and for all services provided to the guest as part of his hotel accommodation. We can not be held responsible for the use of the guest's terms and conditions, unless the hotel expressly consents to their use in written form.
II. Conclusion of the contract and contractual relations
1. A contract comes into effect only if the hotel, upon a request from the guest or a brokerage agency, has informed the guest of the acceptance of the offer in writing or otherwise. This also applies to additions, amendments or side agreements. Persons under the age of 18 can not make a reservation and therefore can not enter into a contractual relationship without the express consent of their parents or legal guardian.
2. The hotel is obliged to provide its guests with a room on agreed terms. The guest gives to the hotel stuff permission to enter the room for daily maintenance. The hotel contact can be agreed at different levels of services: overnight stay and breakfast. Overnight stay with breakfast and dinner (evening), or overnight stay, breakfast, dinner and use of our SPA area. In these cases, the price includes all the services listed within the scope of an arrangement. Arrangments that include use of the SPA area are limited to Friday, Saturday and holidays only. In addition, massages can be arranged, but they must be paid separately. All prices quoted are without obligation. The reservation of a room depends on the availability and the written confirmation of the hotel. For offers of several nights, the number of nights indicated are the minimum to benefit from the reduced rate. If there is an early departure, the rate will be increased to the retail rate in effect. Rate is per person / per indicated number of nights, single or double occupancy, excluding taxes, gratuities or other charges. They do not apply to groups; can not be combined with any other offer and does not apply to rewards exchange. Advanced reservations are required. New bookings only and can not be taken in conjunction with any other offer. No refund or credit for the unused portion. The terms and conditions of SPA apply: the use of our SPA is at your own risk, under your full responsibility. We decline all responsibility. For all rates does apply: Unless error or omission. Any modification reserved.
3. The check in is to be made on the day of arrival from 14.00 to 19.00 o’ clock, unless otherwise agreed. If the guest appears later, without having previously indicated, the booked room can be given elsewhere and the hotel has the right of withdrawal (see section IV, rights of the hotel, No. 1, lit. b).
4. The guest is, however, obliged to pay the agreed price, which normally includes the current value-added tax, for the services rendered. Services not provided by the hotel, e.g. massages, the guest has to settle with the person providing this services. Charges based on municipal taxes are to be reimbursed on proof from the guest. Payment must be made at the latest upon arrival. 500 Euro bills are not accepted for cash payments.
III. Liability and limitation
1. Despite the efforts of the hotel to make the stay as pleasant as possible, a lack or inconvenience may occur. The hotel gives the room to the guest in a clean and functional state. In case of disagreement, the customer is obliged to complain immediately to the hotel manager in writing, so that the hotel can check the complaint and if necessary correct these defects or inconveniences or provide missing services. If defects or missing services are not claimed during the stay, the hotel can not accept them later and excludes any claim for damages. The same applies to the person (s) accompanying the reserving person. The person who made the reservation is obliged to communicate this fact to the accompanying person.
2. Irrespective of this, the hotel is only liable for gross negligence and intent, in accordance with statutory provisions, unless it is a matter of damage to life, body or health.
3. The guest is liable to the hotel for all damages caused by him or by accompanying person or by brought about.
4. For damages, the statutory statutory prescriptions from the statutory commencement of the statute of limitations shall apply to compensation claims by the guest. This does not apply to damages of life, body, health, freedom or other damages, which are based on grossly negligent or intentional breach of duty by the hotel, its representative or vicarious agents.
IV. Withdrawal rights
A) of the guest
1. Each guest has the right to rescind the hotel accommodation contract upon payment of an appropriate compensation. This compensation can be calculated according to the choice of the hotel.
The amount of the withdrawal flat-rate is determined by the date of the withdrawal declaration:
a) Up to 3 weeks prior to the arrival day = 50%, b) 2 weeks prior to the arrival day = 70%, c) Thereafter until the day of arrival = 90%, d) No Show = The agreed price for the hotel stay.
2. This regulation also applies if the guest does not make use of the agreed services.
B) of the hotel
1. The hotel is entitled to withdraw from the hotel accommodation contract in the following cases: a) in cases of force majeure or other circumstances beyond the control of the hotel, of the treaty; b) in the case of late arrival of the guest, if he has not previously notified this (see Section II, No. 3, Para. 2); c) where there are justified reasons for the smooth running of the contract during the implementation of the contract or if the hotel has to fear, that their reputation can be damaged; d) if an unauthorised use of the hotel could be intended; e) if the property of the guest has become known, the fulfilment of his payment obligation threatened.
2. The hotel shall notify the guest in writing immediately after exercising the right of withdrawal and to inform the reasons justifying the rescission.
3. In the event of the exercise of the right of withdrawal, the guest is not entitled to compensation.
VII. Internet and Data Protection
Contact person in the sense of the data protection (GDPR) is:
Wellness Hotel Seehof
Tel +32. (0) 80.445602
Fax +32 (0) 444343
If you provide us with personal data, this data is collected by us exclusively for the purpose of establishing and maintaining contact in the context of the contract or pre-contract implementation, or the legal obligation to retain certain data. The legal basis for this is: Art. 6 (1) lit. b GDPR. A deletion of this data takes place after completion of the contract and after the obligations arising from the contract and bound by deadlines, warranty claims, follow-up questions, payment information or other ends, or become obsolete. If there are compelling reasons for the continuation of the processing, for example the fiscal authority or other authorities of the state, this is done on a legal basis within the meaning of Art. 6 (1) b. or f.GDPR.
Video surveillance inside the hotel, in places that serve all guests are accessible. A note referring to the Belgian Law is provided from the outside at the front door. To make a reservation as a hotel guest must be at least 18 years of age. Only guests who have reserved a stay with us, stay in the house. Since we can not be always and everywhere, but still have a duty, as well as rights that do not make this milder, we use video surveillance. Video surveillance is required for the exercise of the domestic authority and for the realization of concrete interests. Worthy interests of concerned persons are not restricted. Its purpose is to comply with the protection against dangers, protection against criminal offences or asserting of civil damages. Video surveillance is only active when the situation requires it. Recordings take place only when the situation requires it. A storage or division of data with third parties is excluded, unless we are required by law. No public area, no individual area is video monitored.
VIII. Final provisions
1. Alterations or additions to the General Terms and Conditions (GTC) require the written form.
2. Place of fulfillment for all services of hotel accommodation contract is the hotel.
3. Jurisdiction is for claims of the guest is the court responsible for the domicile of the hotel.
4. The hotel is entitled to claim against the guest at the general court of the guest.
5. Should individual provisions of these General Terms and Conditions (GTC) be or become invalid, the effectiveness of the other provisions will not be affected thereby. Ineffective shall be replaced by those which are intended for the purposes of the contract and the economic purpose meaning of the invalid provision. In addition, as in the case of the legal requirements.
Last update: 15th August 2018
Wellness Hotel Seehof